Nominations for the Executive Team 2017
Nominations for posts on the Executive for the year 2017-2018 will run from 9 January to 19 March 2017. Detailed information on the nominations process, role profiles and governance of the IRMS can be found in the IRMS Constitution in the member’s area of the website. However all relevant details have been set out below:
Posts up for nomination
The following posts are up for nomination this year;
Chair (one year term)
Vice-Chair (one year term)
Secretary (two year term)
Treasurer (two year term)
Director, with a remit of developing & supporting our Groups (two year term)
Director, with a remit of developing our Membership (two year term)
Director, with a remit of developing our commercial and private sector offering (two year term)
Director, with a remit of developing and supporting our training programme (two year term)
Paul Duller (Co-opted Director) has indicated that he does not wish to be considered for nomination.
Shona Dunning (Vice-Chair) has indicated that she does not wish to be considered for nomination for the role of Vice-Chair.
Emily Overton (Director) has indicated that she does not wish to be considered for nomination for the post of Director with a remit of Training.
Posts not up for nomination this year are;
Director, with the remit of Digital (currently held by Neil Reeves)
Co-opted Director, with the remit of Conference (currently held by Reynold Leming)
Co-opted Director, with the remit of Marketing (currently being recruited to)
Current officer posts with exception of the post held by Collin Crooks who stepped down in 2016. This specific post has been removed.
How to nominate
2. Nominations should be in the form of a nominator and seconder. Self nominations are permitted if seconded.
3. Both those being nominated and those nominating must be current members of the Society (for the 2017 membership year).
4. Those being nominated must be made aware of (and in agreement with) their being nominated ahead of the nomination being submitted.
5. Membership numbers (personal or corporate) must be included in nominations.
Will there be elections?
Elections will take place where there has been more than candidate nominated for a role. In accordance with the Constitution, these will take place in the 8 weeks leading up to the AGM (The AGM will be @ 1630hrs on 22 May 2017 at the Hilton Glasgow).
Governance and transparency
1. Nominations are submitted direct to our Administrator at KSAM. No one on the Exec will have sight of the nominations received until after the closing date for nominations.
2. Where a nomination received is unclear or lacks required elements, KSAM will engage directly with the individual/s involved to attempt to rectify the problem.
3. All valid nominations received will be published to the membership within three working days of the closing date.
4. In the event of a nomination being withdrawn, the reason will also be published to the membership.
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.