Privacy Policy | Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Become a Member!
SP and O365 Learning resources for records managers
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

02/08/2017 at 13:51:56 GMT
SP and O365 Learning resources for records managers
Hi, In Orkney islands Council we will be rolling out Office 365 and the plan is that we will use SharePoint (probably with a RM bolt on) as the basis for an EDRMS. O365 is new for us and we are aware that it will give us the opportunity to use new apps and work in new ways. I definitely do not want to leave this to IT and I want to be able to work direct with SP myself. Has anyone got any ideas about resources I might find help whether it is course, books or web articles/videos?

07/08/2017 at 21:25:53 GMT
Hey George - great question - I found attending the SPPO meetings really helpful as I got to learn top tips from other folk.  I'm mid rolling out o365 to my organisation, and it's not been easy  to say the least.  Each organisation has it's own interesting points.  I recently did a 3D day, which was 'drag drop delete' day where staff were fed pizza and cake, in return for refiling their records into a shadow file structure that replicated the new information architecture in 0365 and we are now in the process of migrating that information up into the new system whilst they are creating live documents on the new system. All exciting stuff. I guess my top tips would be to get senior management buy in (the chief exec bought the pizza and cake out her own pocket) and not to scrimp on your marketing / comms campaign.    As for resources, people whove done it, had their fingers burnt, learnt what to do and not to do are your best resources.

Emily Overton
IRMS Vice Chair
Information and Records Manager

21/08/2017 at 10:53:04 GMT
A moderator has removed this post.
04/09/2017 at 20:31:17 GMT
Hi Emily, George.  Sorry for crashing your thread (and being pretty late in doing so!) but this subject is also on my radar at the moment and I'm scouring about for hints and tips.  Emily - when you say staff refiled their records into a shadow file structure... did the business areas/ staff design what the new info architecture would look like, or did you

04/09/2017 at 20:33:31 GMT
So hitting enter twice on this sends a message! :-) As I was saying - ...or did you design the structures for them to populate? I'm trying to balance good RM principles while acknowledging that O365 is all about collaboration. They don't feel like they'll necessarily get along unless appropriate controls are in place from the get-go.  Grateful for your thoughts

Contact Us

Chester House
68 Chestergate
Macclesfield, SK11 6DY
United Kingdom

Phone: +44 (0)1625 664520
Fax: +44 (0)1625 664510

Email: info@irms.org.uk

Follow Us
Become A Member

With a bi-monthly magazine, annual conference, accreditation possibilities and a competitively priced annual membership, there really is no reason why you shouldn't join this fantastic society!

Accept Cookies?