The next meeting of the IRMS Wales/Cymru Group will be taking place on Monday, 13th of March 2017 at the Ceredigion County Council, Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth.
The theme of the session will be “e-mails, audits, assets and retention!”
It will be a great pleasure to have Reynold Leming andChris Boyce as our keynote speakers.
- Reynold’s presentation is titled "Information Audit - the value, design, execution and maintenance." This talk will cover the value of an information audit to various stakeholders; the definition of an information asset and the data to be gathered; methods for undertaking an information audit; and the use of an Information Asset Register for ongoing maintenance and use of the asset data.
- Chris Boyce from Objective will be discussing three main topics:
- Working out of your email – the ability to access, store documents & records correctly without having to access your EDRMS software.
- A new way of thinking about file structures (Welsh Government to present) - Utilising workflow and metadata to build and maintain a corporate file structure which is robust, easy to maintain with low overheads, with the added value of it being exactly how the staff want it to be
- Collaborating and Sharing documents straight out of your EDRMS with external parties, securely.
- Also, our Chair, Patrycja, will be discussing preparations to develop an all wales Retention Schedule.
The meeting promises to be as interactive as possible providing all attendees with an opportunity to share their views & experiences on email management, information audits, asset registers and retention schedules.
Our sponsors are Objective.
The meeting is free of charge and lunch will be also included.
Registration is through Eventbrite. Please use this link:
Preferential booking will be given to IRMS members until 2 weeks before the event. Places are limited to 60.
Directions to the event and parking facilities will be sent nearer the time.
We look forward to meeting you soon in Aberystwyth.
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.