The IRMS London Group will meet on the evening of Thursday September 13 at the offices of the Heritage Lottery Fund (Heritage Lottery Fund, 7 Holbein Place, SW1W 8NR) - nearest tube Sloane Square.
In this meeting Stephen Howard and James Lappin will compare and contrast their experiences of records management in institutions of the UN and of the EU
The UN and the EU are very different in their legal status, membership, scope, mandate and history, but there are also similarities. Both are diverse collections of multi-lingual institutions that embrace a wide range of political, administrative, diplomatic, judicial, social and military functions. They both have a particularly strong records management requirement and distinct records management and archival traditions.
The meeting will have our usual timings:
- 5:30pm to 6:30 networking with tea/coffee and sandwiches
- 6:30 to 7:15 Stephen Howard - Information Management in the UN & the EU
- 7:15 to 8:00 James Lappin - Records management approaches in European Union institutions
- 8pm meeting close
- Stephen’s website is at http://www.archivalstrategies.com, and he is on linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenjameshoward
- For a map and directions to the Heritage Lottery Fund Offices go to
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.