IRMS Profession Awards
IRMS is looking for nominations for the following awards:
- Information and Records Management Professional of the Year
- Information and Records Management Team of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
We are also inviting nominations for our Special Award i.e. something that may not fit in any of the existing categories. If you can think of someone deserving of such an award, let us know.
We have for some years accepted self-nominations for the Team of the Year award and this year we are extending this to the Professional of the Year award.
Who should be nominated for an award?
In the past people have been regognised for the following:
- Improvements in changes to the way people work,
- Valuable contributions to the profession,
- An outstanding conference paper/article etc.,
- Delivery of excellent training,
- Innovative use of I&RM techniques,
- New initiatives,
- Successful implementation of a project etc.
- Consistent long term commitment to the profession
- Ongoing dedicated work in a variety of areas
- Supporting staff, professionals and colleagues
IRMS Fellowships recognises the leaders of the profession.
Again self-nominations will be accepted but any nomination must be accompanied by 2 references/statements in support of nomination
- Experience: Applicants will have a minimum of 10 years practitioner experience in the IM/RM sector.
- Eminence: An eminent individual recognised and acknowledged across the IM/RM sector and beyond. With a broad knowledge or be recognised as an expert in a particular field, and should have made a significant contribution to the sector and its perception to the general public.
- Authority: An authoritative individual is recognised and respected for their knowledge and expertise in the sector, or has contributed to the development and perception of the IRMS or IM/RM sector
- Seniority: Typically, an individual in a senior position with a range of experience with, or has had, responsibility for a large project or project design.
The Nomination process
What does a nomination contain?
In all cases we require a statement of nomination in all cases and if self-nominated we need a reference from a third party in support.
Who can be nominated?
Anyone professional individual (or team) engaged in the management, control or use of information can be nominated.
Who can nominate?
All members of the Society can nominate/ self-nominate. Membership numbers should accompany all nominations
How are nominations submitted?
When is the closing date?
All nominations must be received by no later than Sunday 22 March 2015.