IRMS Executive Committee Nominations 2014
In the nomination process for the Executive Committee of the Information and Records Management Society which ended on 24 March 2014, the following nominations were received for the positions that were due to become vacant at the AGM on 19 May: those positions are Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer and three Director posts:
Chair: Nicholas Cooper and Meic Pierce Owen
Vice Chair: Shona Dunning
Treasurer: Meic Pierce Owen and Scott Sammons
Director x3: Rob Hutton, James Beale and Emily Overton
Nicholas Cooper requested that his nomination for Chair be withdrawn. Consequently Meic Pierce Owen requested that his nomination for Treasurer also be withdrawn.
Accordingly, the following appointments are made to the IRMS Executive Committee, their terms of office beginning immediately after the close of the AGM on Monday 19 May 2014. The positions of Chair and Vice Chair are elected annually and all other posts are elected every two years.
Chair: Meic Pierce Owen
Vice Chair: Shona Dunning
Treasurer: Scott Sammons
Directors: Rob Hutton, James Beale and Emily Overton.
IRMS Content Director and Immediate Past Chair
James Lappin interviews Scott Sammons, European Data Protection Co-ordinator for a European bank.
- the big data view (that all data is valuable, and the more the better)
- the information governance view (that some data is good, but other types of data have risks, costs and constraints attached to them that outweigh their potential value)
The podcast is introduced by Heather Jack.
To listen to the Podcast visit http://irmspodcast.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/irms004-cheryl-mckinnon-on-new-kinds-of-records-management-tools/#!
In this podcast Forrester analyst Cheryl McKinnon comments on new developments in the market place around records management.
In the podcast Cheryl discusses:
- The call by the US National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) for the technology industry to help develop automated solutions to records management.
- Innovations coming out of the eDiscovery space and the e-mail archiving space as vendors in both those markets seek to move into the information governance space
- The opportunities and challenges of applying tools/techniques such as predictive coding, autoclassification and analytics to records management
- The impact of big data on retention policies
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.