Call for Conference Papers
PLEASE NOTE: The call for papers for the 2014 IRMS Conference is now closed. However, please feel free to submit a paper for the 2015 Conference.
Yes it’s that time again…the Call for IRMS Conference Papers (doesn't it come around so quickly?!).
For those who wish to be part of Europe’s premier conference on information and records management, here is your chance to present your ideas and share your experience alongside some of the biggest names in the profession.
Whether you have a new concept, a case study on a special project, or just want to talk on a subject that you are passionate about to a likeminded audience, don't miss out of this opportunity to present your ideas.
This year, we are inviting papers on the themes outlined below; however you may submit a proposal on any topic you wish, as the door is open to all.
In line with our theme of 'Luxury or Necessity?' our main topics for 2014 are:
- Information Governance – taking hold across all industry sectors
- Risk & Compliance – is good IRM really just risk and compliance?
- Legal and eDiscovery – current trends and hot topics
- Know your customer – how can IRM prevent identity theft and fraud
- IRM Toolbox – a refresh on the basics we all need
- SharePoint - challenges and/or opportunities
- Digital preservation – long term access is increasingly important
- Auto Classification – is this possible, is accurate, does it work?
- Technology trends in IRM – what is coming, and will it help or hinder?
- IRM in a modern context – new ideas and techniques – or more of the same?
Submissions must be entered on the template provided and must comprise of a brief 'pen pic' biography, email and phone contact details and a session synopsis of no more than 500 words, along with an inspiring title of course.
The Society will grant CPD points to delegates who attend sessions which have tangible learning outcomes so it is in your interest to identify these in your submission to attract a greater audience.
All submissions should be with us than no later than Friday 1 November. Those successful will be notified by no later than 30 November 2013.
Every session will be considered, but the more interesting the submission the better - so be bold and wow us!
All selected session speakers will receive a conference pass for the day of their talk as well as reasonable travel expenses. They will also be able to take advantage of a preferential rate for the whole Conference.
With a closing date only a matter of week's away, and competition for speaker slots always fierce, don't delay in getting your submission in!
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.