Download the 2011 Conference Programme (PDF, 323KB)
Conference Key Themes
Information Management and Governance
Monday looks at Information Governance with talks on data sharing, e-discovery, Data Protection and Freedom of Information as well as looking at the management of information and records including new approaches to retention and the latest on the MoReq standard. The impressive range of speakers from regulators through to sharp end practitioners from many industries will inspire and inform.
Innovation & Efficiency
Tuesday morning looks at new techniques and technologies to gain tangible benefits in the workplace. Experts from within the profession and far beyond will provide their wideranging views on how to make the most of the ever changing environment.
Tuesday afternoon’s sessions focus on the latest on tools and techniques to improve your performance and help embrace opportunities. Engage with experts who will give you the skills to be at the cutting edge of the profession.
List of Speakers
Keynote speakers include:
- Christopher Graham, the Information Commissioner, giving an update on the changes to the Data Protection Act.
- Tom Gilb, the founder and architect of quantitative project metrics and evolutionary project delivery.
- Dave Camden, a leading light in Oil Industry Data Management systems
- Ed Sautter, Partner in Mayer Brown International LLP, a expert in Information Retention & E-Disclosure law.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Karen Bullen, Business transformation and innovation;
- Paul Duller, How to write a business case that people will really take notice of;
- Josef Elliott, E-discovery;
- Ed Fowler, Records Management and ‘the Cloud’;
- Nicola Franklin, How to market your services;
- Jon Garde, Introducing MoReq 2010 and MoReq 2010 Panel Debate;
- Marc Fresko,
- Ibrahim Hasan, Records Management & the Law;
- Rosemary Jay, Data Sharing and Protocols;
- James Lappin and his SharePoint Surgery;
- Cerys Ledger, Implementing an EDRMS;
- Elizabeth Lomas & Chris Campbell, retention and buckets;
- Cheryl McKinnon, the future for Open Source solutions;
- Beth Mercer, Managing records through acquisitions and mergers;
- Graham Robertson, Information Audits;
- Elizabeth Shepherd, The impact of FoI on Records Management;
- Suzanne Wheatley, Developing your presentation skills.
- Alan Shipman, Can a records manager work in the cloud with confidence?
- Simon Ellis, Can a records manager work in the cloud with confidence?
- Cheryl McKinnon, Open Source and Open Standards: the Next Generation of Enterprise Content Management
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.