Information Guides, Resources & Consultations
The importance and value of effective information and records management in difficult economic times
These are difficult times for all organisations of all sizes and in all sectors. On the one hand, customers have ever-increasing expectations in terms of the speed and quality of service they expect and, on the other resources are continually under pressure.
This document sets out how effective information and records management can help any organisation to move forward in this challenging environment through
- achieving cost and efficiency savings;
- making best use of information assets and
- taking advantage of the opportunities offered by new technologies.
These important potential gains will be discussed under the headings:
- What is information and records management?
- Why is it worth doing?
- Conquering the paper mountain
- Taming the electronic jungle
- Liberating staff time
- Utilising information assets
- Security and integrity
- Complying with the Law
- Making best use of emerging technologies
- Why employ information and records professionals?
- On-going benefits
Acrobat Reader is a helper application manufactured by Adobe Systems Incorporated that lets you view and print Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Click the button to download Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.