Top online resources on digital preservation 2013
In a recent informal survey to professionals our Training Director, Paul Duller, collated suggestions from IRM professionals to collate top online IRM resources for 2013. Our thanks go to all those that contributed and below are some top useful sites as suggested by you;
1) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/our-services/digital-continuity.htm Digital Continuity guidance from the UK National Archives (including the risk management self-assessment tool).
2) http://www.dpconline.org/advice –a wealth of advice on digital preservation from the Digital Preservation Coalition.
3) http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/10691/20110824-1153/www.nla.gov.au/padi/index.html – archived copy (2011) of the PADI : gateway to international digital preservation resources.
4) http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/650x0m2.pdf Legitimate free copies of ISO 14721, the Open Archives Information System (digital preservation standard) – old and current versions.
5) http://www.ironmountain.co.uk/disaster-recovery/ Iron Mountains guide to disaster recovery
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.