In a recent informal survey to professionals our Training Director, Paul Duller, collated suggestions from IRM professionals to collate top online IRM resources for 2013. Our thanks go to all those that contributed and below are some top useful sites as suggested by you;
1) http://www.irms.org.uk/resources/information-guides/199-rm-toolkit-for-school The IRMS Records Management Toolkit for Schools
2) http://www.tab.com/Resources/Toolkits/Merger-and-Acquisition.aspx This records integration toolkit is designed to tackle issues that can arise, before, during and after M&A's.
3) http://www.museuminfo-records.org.uk/ Resources to get started in a small (museum) environment – including sample policies and procedures as well as tried and tested training materials
4) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Outsourcing-Records-Management/dp/1857434919 Jane Profitt's useful guide to outsourcing.
5) http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/tools/impact-calculator/ JISC's Impact Calculator.
6) http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/records-management-section - An excellent example of policies, procedures and practices from Edinburgh University
7) http://www.g3ctoolkit.net/ A range of pan-government guidance on Information Governance, SIRO's, and the CRAIG Framework.
8) http://www.esd.org.uk/esdtoolkit/default.aspx A framework of tried and tested tools, guidance and practical examples to support innovation in public service delivery and deliver 'better for less'.
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.