In a recent informal survey to professionals our Training Director, Paul Duller, collated suggestions from IRM professionals to collate top online IRM resources for 2013. Our thanks go to all those that contributed and below are some top useful sites as suggested by you;
1) http://www.ironmountain.co.uk/risk-management/ Iron Mountain's Guide to risk management
2) http://www.xperthr.co.uk/default.aspx Useful for advice on HR records - put "Records" in search box - down to earth advice.
3) http://www.lawbriefupdate.com/ Latest developments in law including cloud computing and information law.
4) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/23/contents Access to Health Records Act 1990.
5) http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide Data Protection Act 1998.
6) http://www.ico.org.uk/ Information Commissioners Office – the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals (includes DPA, FOI: which includes guidance and a range of free resources: http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations
7) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/records-management-nhs-code-of-practice Records Management: NHS Code of Practice - Sets out standards required for the management of NHS records:
9) http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/information-access-rights/foi/foi-section-46-code-of-practice.pdf Section 46 Code of Practice:
10) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/85987/Information_Principles_UK_Public_Sector_final.pdf The Information Principles for the UK Public Sector cover broader business outcomes for how and why information is managed and are also applicable in the private sector.
11) https://www.gov.uk/service-manual/chief-technology-officers Government Digital Services CTO resource page - guidance on important issues that records and information managers need to get their heads around, cloud and BYOD etc.
12) http://www.cloudlegal.ccls.qmul.ac.uk/ A great resource for people starting to look into the issues of cloud storage.
13) http://www.thecabinetoffice.co.uk/page28.html can I destroy the original documentation once it has been scanned?
14) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2011/12/contents/enacted - Public Records (Scotland) Act 2011
15) http://www.itspublicknowledge.info/home/ScottishInformationCommissioner.aspx - The Scottish Information Commissioner is responsible for enforcing and promoting Scotland's freedom of information laws
16) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2002/13/contents - Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
17) http://www.scotland.gov.uk/About/Information/FOI/18022/13383 - s61 Records Management Code of Practice (revised Dec. 2011) under Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act
18) http://www.atdoc.com/warrior/player.html Free Information Compliance training Video
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.