In a recent informal survey to professionals our Training Director, Paul Duller, collated suggestions from IRM professionals to collate top online IRM resources for 2013. Our thanks go to all those that contributed and below are some top useful sites as suggested by you;
2) https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK The RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK electronic mailing list archive
3) http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=RECMGMT-L – “RECMGMT-L List” ("Records Management Program") electronic mailing list (listserve) – higher traffic, lower quality. American-focus.
4) http://blog.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ The National Archives blog (many subjects covered).
76) http://www.aiim.org/Community/erm - AIIM ERM ‘expert’ blogs on electronic records management. Occasionally entertaining, often surprising.
5) http://www.thinkingrecords.co.uk/ James Lappin’s Thinking Records blog.
6) http://futureproof.records.nsw.gov.au/ New South Wales Gov records future proof blog.
7) http://www.synerconlwf.co/ “Lest we forget”, register of incidents highlighting the need for good recordkeeping.
8) http://www.scoop.it/u/archivalstrategies Stephen Howard's Archival Strategies blog where he shares all of his interesting links regarding archives, records and information management.
9) http://www.accidental-taxonomist.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/from-taxonomies-to-ontologies.html Topics related to information management taxonomies posted by Helen Hedden, the author of the book, The Accidental Taxonomist
10) http://www.barclaytblair.com/ Essays in Information Governance (and more) from Barclay T. Blair
11) http://www.synerconblog.co/ A back-to-basics approach to some fundamental information management challenges
12) http://www.scoop.it/t/managing-records-in-sharepoint-2010 Managing Records in SharePoint
13) http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=0956-5698 Records Management Journal
14) http://ecm3.org/ The ECM Maturity Model (ECM3) provides a structured framework for building an ECM roadmap, in the context of an overall strategy.
15) http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/component/acesearch/search?query=records+management Museum-centric records management guides.
16) http://doconsite.co.uk/ Cimtech's annual guide to Information and Records Management products and services.
17) http://www.slideshare.net/alanmcsweeney/data-information-and-knowledge-management-framework-and-the-data-management-book-of-knowledge-dmbok-3366885 The most comprehensive attempt to encompass the realm of Data Management ..thus far...very informative , richly engaging !
18) http://www.dama.org/i4a/pages/Index.cfm?pageID=3548 Guide to the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DAMA-DMBOK) 2009 Functional Framework v.3
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.