In a recent informal survey to professionals our Training Director, Paul Duller, collated suggestions from IRM professionals to collate top online IRM resources for 2013. Our thanks go to all those that contributed and below are some top useful sites as suggested by you;
1) http://www.jam-software.com/treesize A powerful and flexible hard disk space manager for Windows to discover where your information is squirrelled away.
2) http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php A powerful Bulk File Rename Utility (powerful - make sure you read the manual with this one!!)
3) http://www.mailchimp.com/ Create, send, and track email newsletters
4) http://www.alfresco.com/ Free collaboration site, with version control.
5) http://linkedin.com/ A great business networking too - global contacts and several RM, EDRM groups etc.
6) http://doodle.com/ A free way of arranging those inevitable meetings involving busy attendees.
7) https://www.hightail.com/ Free way of sending files that are too large to fit into an email.
8) http://www.surveymonkey.com/ - the best-known of the free web-based survey tools. Remember to pilot your survey!
9) http://skype.com/ Free international and video conferences. Multi-person video and screen-sharing possible via a subscription service.
10) http://archive.org/ Internet Archive/wayback machine, an invaluable though frequently frustrating archive of the entire internet.
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.