IRMS Foundation Certificate in Information Governance
We’re pleased to present this brand-new online certificated course, in partnership with Act Now Training. The interactive course covers all the essential topics in information governance as well as latest developments, including the GDPR.
Launched at our Conference in May 2016, the IRMS Foundation Certificate in Information Governance is an ideal starter qualification for all Information Management professionals – and there’s an exclusive discount available for IRMS members!
This is a fully online and interactive course designed by the IRMS and leading Information Governance experts. There are four learning modules, each consisting of a live webinar with an expert speaker and an online assessment. In addition delegates will be able to customise their learning through a choice of recorded sessions.
Why Is This Course For You?
- A qualification backed by the reputation of the IRMS and the expertise of Act Now
- Four interactive modules covering key aspects of any information management role
- Learn at your own pace within a 12-month period with a choice of sessions and dates
- The IRMS Certificate provides a stepping stone to more advanced qualifications
What Subjects Does The Course Cover?
- Records Management
- Security and Information Assurance
- Data Protection
- Freedom of Information
How Is The Course Delivered?
- Fully online and interactive with support throughout
- Four live webinars with an expert speaker
- A choice from 6 additional recorded sessions
- Online assessments leading to an IRMS-endorsed certificate
How Much Does The Course Cost?
- Sign up today for just £449 plus VAT
- Exclusive 10% discount for IRMS members
For more information including FAQs and to sign up, visit the course website.
Statements from IRMS and Act Now Training
As Chair of IRMS, I am genuinely proud to have overseen the development of this important qualification that offers all information professionals the opportunity to gain a solid grounding in contemporary Information Governance (IG). This qualification has relevance across all sectors and is equally valid for those looking to master the basics of contemporary IG as it is for those looking to progress to practitioner level study.
Meic Pierce Owen AMIRMS, FIIM
I am really pleased to have been involved with the development of this ground breaking new online qualification. I have used my experience in delivering Information Governance training for many years to help create a product which will hopefully meet a previously unmet demand amongst Information Management professionals.
Ibrahim Hasan, Solicitor
Director, Act Now Training
Training & Events
The Society offers four types of membership, from Corporate through to Student.
If you are not already a member and would like to join the Society, or if you know anyone who would be interested in joining, please complete the application form.