Privacy Policy | Print Page | Report Abuse | Sign In | Become a Member!
Records Management Post Covid-19
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

26/03/2020 at 14:33:23 GMT
Records Management Post Covid-19
Hi all, just trying to plan ahead to when we are back in normal working and am considering the retention for the amount of specific data we will have collated during these times, this may include additional personal information about staff ie personal email addresses / telephone numbers in the case of Business Continuity etc. Is anyone else giving consideration to a specific Covid-19 data retention?

27/03/2020 at 16:31:53 GMT
Hi Paula - I’d not considered it in that much detail yet, but I have tried to maintain a register of all the new processing activity so we can unpack it when we return to work - or possibly sooner if there is less work. I am planning to recommend we flatten Teams when we get back. I’m thinking of the sudden roll out as a sandbox exercise and I did ask users not to put any personal data or working files on there for now.
Would love to hear if others have other plans...

27/03/2020 at 16:33:43 GMT
Hi Paula, not sure why it doesn’t show here but I’ve replied to your post in the forum!

30/03/2020 at 08:42:35 GMT
Hi Suzy, thanks for your input. I'm just trying to get ahead before all this comes crashing down. As far as i know we are noting all new processing activity and this is still captured in our IAR. Any reason why you don't want personal data or working documents shared / stored in teams?

31/03/2020 at 11:31:21 GMT
Don’t know why I said working files there - I meant important files (ie. ones they can’t afford to lose if we delete the sites). Re personal data, we haven’t set up the admin controls yet to allow us to effectively monitor the environment so it seemed prudent to stop people setting up ad hoc processing.  There are other reasons but I wouldn’t feel comfortable advertising them on a forum. If you want to know then try me at north@irms.org.uk

09/04/2020 at 17:32:14 GMT
Is this a new record set or sets? Could go in the IAR and have the relevant legal basis assigned. Do you already have relevant retention rules in the schedule for BCP related stuff? for Teams, it will be importance to establish governance in assigning retention policies to the  content, for example the chat, channel, call and meeting data in Exchange and the files stored in OneDrive or SharePoint. Particularly this means looking at Retention Policies and Retention Labels. Happy Easter weekend, Ren

Contact Us

Chester House
68 Chestergate
Macclesfield, SK11 6DY
United Kingdom

Phone: +44 (0)1625 664520
Fax: +44 (0)1625 664510

Email: info@irms.org.uk

Follow Us
Become A Member

With a bi-monthly magazine, annual conference, accreditation possibilities and a competitively priced annual membership, there really is no reason why you shouldn't join this fantastic society!

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.