Fellowship nominations for 2019 is now open
10 March 2019
Posted by: Jessica Waite
The call for Fellowship nominations for 2019 is now open and will run through until midnight on the 22nd March 2019.
Fellowship is the senior degree of IRMS membership. It is awarded to those members with 10 years or more experience in the sector and who have, in the opinion of their peers, attained appropriate eminence, authority or seniority. Non-members of the Society deemed worthy can be awarded honorary fellowships.
Who is eligible for nomination?
Fellowship or Honorary Fellowship may be awarded if one or more of the following criteria are met:
Eminence: an eminent individual recognised and acknowledged across the IM/RM sector and beyond. With a broad knowledge or recognised as an expert in a particular field, and should have made a significant contribution to the sector and its perception to the general public;
Authority: an authoritative individual who is recognised and respected for their knowledge and expertise in the sector, or has contributed to the development and perception of the IRMS or IM/RM sector;
Seniority: typically, an individual in a senior position with a range of experience with, or has had, responsibility for a large project or project design.
Nominees for fellowship will have a minimum of ten years’ practitioner experience in the IM/RM sector. Nominees for honorary fellowship need not necessarily qualify under this criterion.
How do I nominate someone?
Nomination is a straightforward process that requires at least two current members of the Society to each write a brief statement in support of the nomination.
The detail of this process is:
- Nominations should be submitted in the form of an email sent to email@example.com.
- Those nominating must be current members of the Society.
- Each nomination should include the name of the person being nominated and the names of the two members nominating the person. All membership numbers must be included (if yiu don't know yours, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each person being nominated must be informed of the nomination, and agree to being nominated, before a nomination is submitted
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a supporting statement of between 200 and 250 words from each of the two members nominating - these statements should specify which of the qualifying criteria the person is nominated under, and why they are, in the opinion of that person, worthy of fellow status within that criterion
- Each nomination will receive an email receipt confirmation
- Please note, nominations will not be published
What happens after I nominate?
All valid nominations will be voted upon by the College of Fellows - the body comprising all current fellows and honorary fellows. Full details of the voting process can be found at www.irms.org.uk/Fellowship where you can also find a list of our current fellows.
If you have any queries or want to know more about what Fellowship is please email email@example.com, contact a member of the Executive or Contact a fellow via SocialLink on the website.