- About Us
|2019 Executive Nominations|
Nominations for the Executive 2019
Nominations for posts on the Executive for the year from May 2019 to May 2020 will be open from 2 January to the 15 February 2019. We will write out to all IRMS members to announce the opening and confirm the closing date. Detailed information on the nominations process and the governance of the IRMS can be found in our Constitution. However, all relevant details are set out below.
The following posts are up for nomination this year:
Posts not up for nomination this year are:
Please note, the current post holders for Secretary and Vice-Chair have advised that they do not wish to be nominated for 2019-20 as they will be standing down from the Executive.
If you want to see the work of these roles over previous years you can read our annual reports for 2017, 2016 and 2015 on the Governance area of the website. If you are a logged in member you can also see the previous AGM and Executive Meeting minutes as well.
How to nominate
Please do not nominate now. We will announce when nominations have opened and when the closing date will be.
If you would like to go for one of the roles up for nomination or know someone else that would be suitable here are the details of how you can nominate and how the process will work;
1. Nominations are to be made in the form of a written nomination (usually an email) submitted to email@example.com by the deadline of the 15 February 2019. This nomination should detail the name, contact details and membership number of the person being nominated as well as your own. You can find out your membership number by logging into the website and viewing your membership profile.
2. Nominations should have a nominator and seconder (both members that are happy to support your nomination). Self nominations are permitted if they are seconded. If you cannot find another seconder please let Kingston Smith (KSAM) know and they will match nominations if another person also cannot find a seconder.
3. Both those being nominated and those nominating must be current members of the Society. If membership has lapsed this should be settled before the closure of nominations.
4. Those being nominated must be made aware of (and be in agreement with) their being nominated ahead of the nomination being submitted. Naturally, if the person being nominated refuses the nomination after you have submitted one it will be discounted.
Will there be elections?
If more than one candidate has been nominated for a post an election will be called. In accordance with the Constitution, these will take place in the 8 weeks leading up to the AGM (the date of the AGM will be Sunday 19th May 2019 at 16:30 at Celtic Manor in Wales. Members will be informed of the AGM as per the constitution in due course.) All members are encouraged to vote and the candidate with the majority of votes will be the successful post holder for that term.
Governance and transparency
1. All nominations are submitted direct to our membership administrator at Kingston Smith (KSAM) either at our registered postal address or via firstname.lastname@example.org. No one outside of KSAM will have sight of these nominations until the nominations period has closed.
2. Where a nomination received is unclear or lacks required elements KSAM may engage directly with the individual/s involved to rectify the problem. KSAM may liaise with one of the Constitutional Officers if any arise that they cannot resolve themselves but no identifiable information is shared.
3. All valid nominations received will be published to the membership within five working days of the closing date.
4. In the event of a nomination being withdrawn, the reason will also be published to the membership.
Questions, queries or concerns
If you would like to speak to any member of our team about nominating someone or going for a role yourself and you’d like more detail on what this entails you can speak to any member of our team. Their details can be found on the ‘Our team’ page of our website.