The IRMS is pleased to announce that nominations are open for the 2019 IRMS Awards!
Each year the IRMS recognises excellence in the field of information management with our prestigious Industry Awards. These highly sought-after awards are presented at a glittering ceremony following our Gala Dinner, the centrepiece of our annual Conference.
The award categories are:
- Professional of the Year
- New Professional of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Supplier of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Bulletin Author of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
It's not only the winners who are rewarded, though - we also highlight and celebrate all the nominees and finalists.
Full details for the criteria of each of the awards can be found at www.irms.org.uk/AwardsCriteria. This outlines some examples, the things to consider for each category and some hints for what to include in your nomination so you can help your nominee shine!
How to nominate:
Nominating someone couldn't be easier if you follow these steps;
Step 1. Make sure the person / body you are nominating is happy to be nominated. Some people don't like the attention and that is absolutely fine, but please ensure you have spoken to them before you start this work.
Step 2. Write your nomination statement and ensure it is no longer than 1000 words long, ideally in a word document and contains enough evidence to support your nomination.
Step 3. Send a covering email containing the below to awards@irms,org.uk before the *** EXTENDED DEADLINE *** of Friday 15th February 2019.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR NOMINATIONS TO MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE. Only nominations made to email@example.com will be considered. Your nomination must contain;
- the name of the person or organisation you are nominating (and ideally contact details for them)
- the role/s and organisation (if applicable) of the nominee/s
- which award you are nominating them for
- the email contact details of the nominee/s
- a statement on why you are nominating them (no longer than 1000 words)
- your name and membership number
Step 4. Sit back, enjoy a nice gin (or cuppa), and await to hear from the Awards Panel. They may be in touch to ask for some more information or any clarifications. We can't tell you if you have won but we do announce the finalists, all of whom are encouraged to attend our Conference and Awards Gala Dinner in May.
Please note; If any form of cheating, bribery or harassment of the awards panel members or fraudulent statements on a nomination is found on the application or as part of the public vote the Awards Panel reserves the right to void any such nomination and refer the matter to the IRMS Executive where further action may be taken. The IRMS is committed to fairness and transparency so any such behaviour will not be tolerated.
How it works:
The awards process couldn't be simpler;
- Think of someone that might be eligible for an award and check them against the criteria for that award.
- Write an email the the details outlined above and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Awards Panel will then validate the nominations for eligibility and where a number of nominations have been made will shortlist at least 3 finalists for each category.
- These finalists will then be put to the IRMS membership to vote for their preferred winner. In the meantime finalists will each be contacted to encourage them to attend our Conference and Gala Dinner where the finalists will be announced. The New Professional Award is currently the only award where their places at conference are fully funded.
- As a finalist you go out and buy (or dig out) your best frock or suit.
- Leading up to the night the winner is kept secret (even from the IRMS Executive so don't ask them!) so that when your name is called out it is something extra special.
- Winners are issued with a certificate and crystal award on the night to take home with them. We then announce details of the winners online and via social media and encourage them to write about their product / innovation / experiences for the IRMS Bulletin.
If you have any queries or want to know more please contact us at awards@irms,org,uk.