With Covid-19 continuing to affect life across the globe, the IRMS has collated a list of resources and advice to help our members during this pandemic. The aim of this support hub is to signpost members to a wide range of online resources that have been
recommended to us or by other members. You can also read more on our efforts to date to support members.
By signposting you to these sites we are not endorsing them in any way nor are we responsible for that service or the website that supports it. This list has been collated on recommendations from members and 'official' publicly available Government advice.
Continuing your own learning and development
- Register for one of our webinars (at least one a week) across a wide range of topics in the information world
- Take a listen to the IRMS podcast series with topics ranging from AI and machine learning to the basics of RM
- Sign up for an online course from one our training partners - IRMS members get a 10% discount
- Why not take the opportunity to put in your application for Accreditation?
Supporting someone else’s learning and development
- Do you have any spare time to help develop a fellow professional during this pandemic period? If so, we have a range of ways you can get involved:
- help a younger professional and sign up to be a mentor
- if you are currently accredited, consider being an accreditation‘assessor’ or ‘application buddy’
- host or speak at one of our webinars
- answer other members' questions on SocialLink
- We are always looking for extra hands to help us run events and contribute to the running and development of the Society. Why not reach out to your local group and see how you can
Keeping in touch with fellow information professionals
- Access to the IRMS SocialLink, an online social network for all IRMS members where you can connect, discuss and share content
- Many informal online events from coffee mornings to pub quizzes in the evening
Looking after your health and hygiene
Support on tax, employment and financial matters
- Advice and guidance on benefits, furlough, and financial support from Citizens Advice
- How to claim tax relief on your IRMS membership through the Government’s tax relief scheme
- Access to a wide range of information related vacancies via the IRMS JobsBoard
Home teaching and childcare
- The Government offers many resources in English, Maths, Science and PE
- Various educational resources for kids from the British Council
- Daily lessons from BBC Bitesize (Primary to 16+)
- 25 ideas for non-screen activities from Pobble
- Twinklschool closure home learning packs for ages 3 to 11
- Cosmic Kidsyoga classes (this is a paid subscription, but there are also free videos on YouTube)
We will do what we can to keep these pages updated so do check back from time to time to see if anything new has been added. If you come across any links or guidance you think would be of value to other IRMS members, please do let us know either via email
at email@example.com, by contacting anyone of the IRMS team or Groups on SocialLink or tweet us on social media at @IRMSociety.