The IRMS Awards Panel
The IRMS awards are overseen by a panel of 5 volunteers from the IRMS Leadership Team. These 5 volunteers, led by the Society's Chair, oversee the Awards process and criteria. Where an award is decided by an awards panel they will act as that panel and where there is a tie in a public vote they will have the casting vote.
The members of the awards panel for 2018 are;
- Scott Sammons
- Declared Interests = Chair of the IRMS, Self-employed at Lighthouse IG, Associate Consultant for Act Now Training Ltd.
- Sarah Norman
- Declared Interests = Training Director of the IRMS, Employed by Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, volunteer on transcription projects for friends of The National Archives.
- Roger Poole
- Declared Interests = Commercial Director of the IRMS, Self employed at Information Governance Ltd
- Neil Reeves
- Declared Interests = Digital Director of the IRMS, Employed by UK Ministry of Defence
- David Paris
- Declared Interests = IRMS Scotland Group Chair, Employed by Sainsbury's Bank, Individual Member of the Scottish Council on Archives.
You can find a copy of their Terms of Reference on the IRMS website. Any questions for the panel should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When deciding the Tribal Author of the Year Award a recommendation is made to the panel by our editors in Tribal and the IRMS.
When deciding the New Professional Award a recommendation is made to the panel by our Chair and Alison North.
Details of how the awards work, including the criteria for each award, can be found at www.irms.org.uk/awards.