Nominations for posts on the Executive for the year 2017-2018 ran from 9 January to 19 March 2017. Detailed information on the nominations process, role profiles and governance of the IRMS can be found in the IRMS Constitution. However all relevant details have been set out below.
The following posts were up for nomination this year:
- Chair (one year term)
- Vice-Chair (one year term)
- Secretary (two year term)
- Treasurer (two year term)
- Director, with a remit of developing & supporting our Groups (two year term)
- Director, with a remit of developing our Membership (two year term)
- Director, with a remit of developing our commercial and private sector offering (two year term)
- Director, with a remit of developing and supporting our training programme (two year term)
Posts not up for nomination this year were:
- Director, with the remit of Digital (currently held by Neil Reeves)
- Co-opted Director, with the remit of Conference (currently held by Reynold Leming)
- Co-opted Director, with the remit of Marketing (currently being recruited to)
- Current officer posts with exception of the post held by Collin Crooks who stepped down in 2016. This specific post has been removed.
How to Nominate
1. Nominations are to be made in the form of a written nomination submitted by the deadline.
2. Nominations are to be in the form of a nominator and seconder. Self nominations were permitted if seconded.
3. Both those being nominated and those nominating must be current members of the Society.
4. Those being nominated must be made aware of (and in agreement with) their being nominated ahead of the nomination being submitted.
5. Membership numbers (personal or corporate) must be included in nominations.
Elections will take place if there is more than one candidate nominated for a role. These will be held in the 8 weeks leading up to the AGM (usually in mid-May).
Governance and Transparency
1. Nominations are submitted direct to our Administrator at KSAM. No one on the Leadership Team has sight of the nominations received until after the closing date.
2. Where a nomination received is unclear or lacks required elements, KSAM engage directly with the individual/s involved to rectify the problem.
3. All valid nominations received are published to the membership shortly after the closing date.
4. In the event of a nomination being withdrawn, the reason is also be published to the membership.
If you have any queries please email us.