The Society is run by a series of roles both on and off of the Executive Committee. Detailed information on the nominations process, role profiles and governance of the IRMS can be found in the IRMS Constitution. However below is a summary of what roles are available, when they come up for nominations and how you can get involved in the meantime.
Executive Committee Posts:
These are broken up into 2 types. You have the 'Constitutional Officers' whose roles are defined by the constitution then you have Directors whose role is defined by the Executive.
- Chair (one year term)
- Vice-Chair (one year term)
- Secretary (two year term)
- Treasurer (two year term)
Director posts work the same way that Constitutional Officer ones do except for a co-opted Director. That is role that the Executive can appoint to rather than seek nominations for.
- Director, with a remit of developing & supporting our Groups (two year term)
- Director, with a remit of developing our Membership (two year term)
- Director, with a remit of developing our commercial and private sector offering (two year term)
- Director, with a remit of developing and supporting our training programme (two year term)
- Director, with the remit of Digital (two year term)
- Co-opted Director, with the remit of Conference (two year term)
- Co-opted Director, with the remit of Marketing (two year term)
The Executive also relies on some formal officer posts to help run the Society. These are part of the leadership team but have no formal vote on the Executive Committee. These are often seen as a way in to a more senior role if you're unsure if you have enough experience to go straight to Director.
- Groups & Volunteers Officer
- Training Officer
- Commercial Officer
- Conference Officer
- Communications Officer
Group Chairs & members:
All of our regional and special interest groups are run by volunteers. Each group will have at least one Chair and if they get enough volunteers can run the group with a committee. Each group is different and they are always looking for people to help out in any way they can so if you are interested please take a look at www.irms.org.uk/groups.
Sub-Committee Chairs & members:
Where the Exec cannot look at everything the Society does in detail it relies on dedicated sub-committees to focus on specific areas for development and focus in order to then bring ideas for the Executive to review. Currently, the Society has 3 such committees in effect;
- Governance Sub-Committee: tasked with improving governance of the Society and finding more robust ways of encouraging new talent into the Society.
- Accreditation Sub-Committee: tasked with running and developing the Accreditation scheme of the IRMS.
- Awards Sub-Committee: tasked with running and developing the awards of the IRMS.
Each sub-committee has a page on the website outlining who they are and what they do. They also run with the help of volunteers so if you want to get involved in their work please visit www.irms.org.uk/OurGovernance.
You can volunteer to get involved at any time however we will put out to our members when we have specific vacancies that we would like volunteers for or when the annual nominations process is open. If you have any queries about how you can get involved please do get in touch.